Lia’s Kitchen is a sustainable enterprise and waste reduction champion. In 2016 we were commended for our social enterprise and sustainability work on food waste and refugee inclusion as a finalist for Cynnal Cymru’s Social Enterprise award .
Our work with our invaluable partner Green City Events over the last four years continues to champion food waste reduction work in communities, schools and amongst businesses and consumers.
In the past four years we have:
- Set up Wasteless Suppers Cardiff , a collaborative pop-up dinner platform which uses food surplus to create fine dining feasts. Read Lia’s Wasteless Diaries #1 & 2.
- Co-delivered a substantial part of Love Food Hate Waste campaign work in Cardiff supported by Wrap Cymru.
- Collaborated with Food Cardiff’s award- winning School Holiday Education Programme in the delivery of food waste reduction cooking workshops and education activity at a number of schools.
- Collaborated with Food Standards Agency Wales to co-deliver a food waste reduction and safety campaign.
Our food waste reduction activity and expertise to date includes:
- Food waste reduction community cooking workshops
- Food waste reduction roadshows
- Street food stalls using food that could have been otherwise wasted
- Food waste reduction school cooking workshops
- Development of food waste reduction cooking workshop formats and education material.
- Co-delivery and development of a food waste reduction campaign for Food Standards Agency Wales in 2016.
Here are some videos that tell you the story of some of our work to date:
Love Food Hate Waste School Project 2016
Love Food Hate Waste Cooking Workshops Cardiff 2015
How to freeze cheese and what to do with it…